Firenze Anni '50
Misure: 99 x 36 x 168 H cm. Due Sportelli Grissinati con Chiave in Ottone
Pierluigi Spadolini (Florence, 5 April 1922 - Florence, 8 June 2000) was an Italian architect and designer. He was brother of the best known politician, several times Minister of the Republic and head of government in the years 1981 and 1982, Giovanni Spadolini. He graduated in 1952 and began his autonomous activity as an architect, creating numerous works, individually or as a project manager in the public building sector and in the private construction sector. He was an Industrial Design consultant for the radio, television and home appliances of Magneti Marchi, ICS, Lesa, Grez di Düsseldorf and Autovox; for electromedical equipment of the Biomedical OTE; for furniture by Arflex, Kartell and 1P; for pleasure Craft of the Cantieri Navali di Pisa. In 1954 he moved to Milan where he joined the Milan Triennale and collaborated with the editors of 'Casabella' directed by Ernesto Natan Rogers. He was Ordinary of Architectural Composition and Director of the Institute of Construction and of Special Technologies and has determined the establishment of the Department of Artistic Design for Industry at the Faculty of Architecture of Florence. In 1962 he joined the teaching body of the ISIA in Florence directed by Angelo Maria Landi. Among his best known works we mention the headquarters of La Nazione (1961-1965), the Palazzo dei Congressi in Florence (1974), the Spadolini Pavilion in the Fortezza da Basso (1974-1976) - which takes its name from him - and the Turin Courthouse (1994-1998). Spadolini was also an important designer on the international scene, especially in the field of shipbuilding (yachts). Rich was also its theoretical activity, which has found accommodation in numerous publications. He was a member of the Commission for the regulation of school buildings and of the Central Committee for University Construction of the Ministry of Education. In 1988 he founded the Spadolini e Associati studio with his son Guido.